“Dear children! Pray with me for a new life for all of you. In your hearts, little children, you know what needs to be changed. Return to God and His Commandments, so that the Holy Spirit may change your lives and the face of this earth, which is in need of renewal in the spirit. ”
(Message from Our Lady, Medjugorje, 25, May, 2020)
Prayers of the Rosary
The rosary is made up of two things: mental prayer and vocal prayer. In the Holy Rosary mental prayer is none other than meditation of the chief mysteries of the life, death and glory of Jesus Christ and of His Blessed Mother. Vocal prayer consists in saying fifteen decades of the Hail Mary, each decade headed by an Our Father, while at the same time meditating on and contemplating the fifteen principal virtues which Jesus and Mary practiced in the fifteen mysteries of the Holy Rosary.
In the first five decades we must honor the five Joyous Mysteries and meditate on them; in the second five decades the Sorrowful Mysteries and in the third group of five, the Glorious Mysteries. So the Rosary is a blessed blending of mental and vocal prayer by which we honor and learn to imitate the mysteries and virtues of the life, death, passion and glory of Jesus and Mary.
How to Pray the Rosary
The whole Rosary is composed of twenty decades. Each decade is recited in honor of a mystery in Our Lord’s Life and that of His Blessed Mother.
It is customary to recite five decades at a time while meditating on one set of mysteries.
The decades may be separated, if the entire chaplet is completed on the same day.
Each Mystery may be meditate “bead by bead” for every Hail Mary of the decade.
1. Begin by kissing the small crucifix attached to the beads, make the sign of the Cross and pray the Apostles’ Creed.
2. On the 5 beads attached to the crucifix, say the first Our Father, then 3 Hail Marys and a Glory be (all for the Pope’s intentions)
3. Moving to the main circle, recall the first Rosary Mystery and recite the Our Father on the large bead. On the next 10 beads(decade) pray the Hail Mary reflecting on the mystery.
4. After each decade pray the Glory be and the Fatima Prayer.
5. Each succeeding decade is prayed in a similar manner by recalling the appropriate mystery, reciting the Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, the Glory Be and the Fatima prayer.
6. When the fifth mystery is completed, the Rosary is customarily concluded with the Hail Holy Queen, the Final Prayer and the Sign of the Cross.
The Mysteries of the Rosary
- JOYFUL on Monday and Saturday
- LUMINOUS on Thursday
- SORROWFUL on Tuesday and Friday.
- GLORIOUS on Wednesday and Sunday.
- The Annunciation
- The Visitation
- The Nativity
- The Presentation in the Temple
- The Finding in the Temple
- The Agony in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- The Crowning with Thorns
- The Carrying of the Cross
- The Crucifixion
- The Resurrection
- The Ascension
- The Coming of the Holy Spirit
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Baptism of Jesus
- The Wedding of Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God and the call to conversion
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist
Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
I believe in God, the Father almighty creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God, the Father almighty. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.
Hail Holy Queen
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our Life, our Sweetness, and our hope. To thee we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then most gracious advocate, Thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us, the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us O Holy Mother of God, That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.
Let us pray. O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
“Little children, be prayer for all those who do not pray; be joy for all those who do not see the way out; be carriers of light in the darkness of this peaceless time. Pray and seek the help and protection of the saints so that you also could yearn for Heaven and Heavenly realities. I am with you and am protecting and blessing all of you with my motherly blessing. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
(Message from Our Lady, Medjugorje, 25, May, 2020)